2. In the developmental sequence of cells which develop into erythrocytes, the last cell type before forming the erythrocyte is which cell below?
3. As a myeloid stem cell begins its transformation to an erythrocyte, what is the name of the first cell that it forms?
4. What percentage of the population lack the Rh agglutinogen and are then Rh negative?
5. Which one of the following is a clotting protein that helps to coagulate blood by forming a mesh that traps red blood cells?
6. In the average adult, how many liters of blood circulate the body at any one time?
7. Which blood type is considered the type of blood that can be given to everyone regardless of their blood type.
8. Which one of the following is considered to be an electrolyte? chloride ions
9. The least abundant white blood cell in a healthy individual is called what?
10. In a healthy male, which one of the following values falls within the normal red blood cells count range?
5.5 million red blood cells/microliter of blood
11. Choose the correct order of clotting factors for the clotting cascade using the extrinsic pathway.
Thromboplastin, - clotting factor X – prothrombinase - thrombin - fibrin
12. What is the function of carbonic anhydrase in red blood cells?
Changes carbon dioxide to bicarbonate
13. Choose the white blood cells that are the most abundant in a healthy individual.
14. Which one of the following types of tissues best describes blood?
15. If reticulocytes in the blood rise above the normal 1% of erythrocytes, what does this indicate?
Rate of red blood cell formation has increased
16. Which one of the following substances is the most abundant in blood plasma?
17. Which one of the following ranges best describes the total white blood cell count in a healthy individual?
5,000 – 10,000 cells/microliter blood
18. The nucleus of a monocyte is best described as being which one of the following shapes?
19. As a myeloid stem cell begins its transformation to an erythrocyte, what is the name of the first cell that it forms?
20. Which one of the following substances is a waste product carried away from the cells of the body…