University of Phoenix Material
Effective Study Habits Worksheet
Review Phoenix Career Plan results of Career Plan Building Activity: Work Culture Preference, respond to the following in 50 to 100 words each:
1. Describe your ideal study environment.
My ideal study environment would be somewhere quiet and comfortable where I have all my materials I need on hand. No tv or phone to interrupt me, but I do like to have some kind of relaxing background noise because I can’t stand sitting in silence. Usually the best time to study for me is at night after my son is asleep.
2. List some of the distractions that might hinder your study progress or your performance in an online classroom.
Some of the distractions that might hinder my study progress or performance in my online classroom would be if I have the tv on to a program I like to watch, or if I have other things running on my laptop, such as facebook or youtube. My son and niece can be distractions as well because thy’re always needing something.
3. What actions can you take to manage and eliminate distractions?
Some of the actions I take to manage and eliminate any distractions while I’m studying or participating in my online classrooms is to make sure to keep my tv off and if there’s a program on I want to watch I DVR it. I keep my phone in another room, and wait till my kids are asleep or at school.
4. How will you apply your personal learning style? How does your personal Learning style affect your study habits?
My personal learning style is reading and writing so the online classroom environment works really well for me, although I do have ADD so sometimes I’ll have to read something a couple times to really comprehend it. My personal learning style works out well for me with my study habits because it involves a lot of reading and writing (typing).
5. List 5 effective study strategies from this week that you will use. Explain why you selected them and why they are effective strategies for online learning.
5 effective study strategies that I have learned this week and will use would be to create a conducive study area for myself, preview my study materials and research the topics I’m studying. I will also create a routine and stick to it and make sure I don’t have any distractions while studying. These strategies will help me to retain information more and to learn better.